I've resolved to make this blog a more friendly place to visit.
Welcome! Here's a little intro for those of you who don't know me personally (or those of you who do and want some more embarrassing details).
10 Random Things About Me
1. I committed my first crime at age 3. I rang the Liberty Bell. My grandparents distracted the guards at Independence Hall (where it was kept in those days), and my parents quickly shepherded me out the exit.
2. If I were on Jeopardy, the category I'd want to see on the board is 'Greek Mythology'.
3. I have kept paper journals since I was 8 years old. The first complete story I remember writing was "The World Squeakies", a dramatic retelling of the 1980 World Series with mice as the Phillies and cats as the Royals.
4. I'm always cold, even in the summer. It's not a medical condition, I'm just a reptile.
5. I am a second generation pirate. My father flew the Jolly Roger in his office first.
6. I love '80s dance music, but I hated it back in the '80s.
7. My son wants to be a mad scientist when he grows up, but he also enjoys writing poetry. I hope he can do both.
8. I have a horrible memory for song names/artists and for minor movie actors' names.
9. I will remember your astrological sign, but probably not your birthday.
10. My soul is drawn to ships and the sea, both in art and in life.
Your turn! Tell me 10 things about you in the comments. Or tell me 1. Or 11. Whatever floats your boat.
Here's one more thing about me - my husband and I are collaborating on a project for Savage Mojo that involves the Fey and Steampunk. Martin has given me permission to post some WIP blogs, so stay tuned!